We have been asked numerous times for a device that can be used to locate items indoors - where even the best GPS will not work - such as in a warehouse or basement. This version of the Yabby uses a Wifi sniffer to scan for Wifi access points and the signal strength from each one. This information is then used to triangulate a position which is typically accurate to 100 feet / 30m in metropolitan areas. And this can all be done in typically less than 3 seconds, using a lot less power than a typical GPS fix.
This Wifi sniffing combined with the new low power capabilities of the LTE-CATM1 module allows us to shrink the design size down even smaller and use smaller AAA batteries.
Some use cases we have been asked for:
- Pallet tracking / location
- Beer keg tracking / location
- And many other ideas....
In summary the Yabby Wifi Sniffer offers:
- Locate assets using Wifi Sniffing (works indoors!)
- LTE-CATM1 / NB-IoT device (also available in 2G)
- 3D accelerometer
- Powered by 3 x 1.5V AAA Lithium batteries (off the shelf)
- Up to 3 years asset location (once daily)
- IP67 rugged weather-proof housing
- Small, compact and easy to install and conceal
The Yabby Wifi Sniffer is now available for testing!