As of July 2018, the Guppy, powered by LoRaWANTM
, can report on tilt angles. Using the accelerometer and the angles between the Guppy and gravity, the device provides information on its current orientation. The Guppy can also send uplinks (alerts) on angle changes, or when the angle leaves a specified range.
This opens up some exciting new applications for the Guppy. Consider the following usescases:
- Monitor road signage for disturbances. This is a popular usecase for understanding if temporary road signs have moved.
- Monitor pole mounted electrical boxes, and alert when they are leaning over too much.
- Monitor remote electrical poles for disturbances and lean.
- Monitor a garage door, and tell when it is open or closed.
- Report on yellow metal vehicles being parked correctly - perhaps with their buckets at the correct angle.
The Digital Matter Support Portal has the information you need to get started:
Click here to find out more about the Guppy
Or contact Digital Matter here.
- Configuration and usage guide here
- Integration guide here, and message decoder here.
- Examples of the output at different orientations here, and with small angle changes here.