We have been asked numerous times for a device that can be used to locate items indoors - where even the best GPS will not work - such as in a warehouse or basement. This version of the Yabby uses a Wifi 'sniffer' to scan for Wifi access points and the signal strength from each one. This information is then used to triangulate a position which is typically accurate to 100 feet / 30m in metropolitan areas. And this can all be done in typically less than 3 seconds, using a lot less power than a typical GPS fix.
This Wifi sniffing combined with the new low power capabilities of the LTE-CATM1 module allows us to shrink the design size down even smaller and use smaller AAA batteries.
Some use cases we have been asked for:
- pallet tracking / location
- beer keg tracking / location
- and many other ideas....
In summary the Yabby Wifi offers:
- Locate assets using Wifi Sniffing (works indoors!)
- LTE-CATM1 / NB-IoT device (also available in 2G)
- 3D accelerometer
- Powered by 3 x 1.5V AAA Lithium batteries (off the shelf)
- Up to 3 years asset location (once daily)
- IP67 rugged weather-proof housing
- Small, compact and easy to install and conceal
The Yabby LTE-CATM1 device is currently in pre-production prototype testing and firmware development.
The expected ETA for commercial availability is June 2018.
Get in touch with us to express your interest in the product and to pre-order samples.
Keep your eye on the Yabby device page here.