Accident / Rollover Alerts
The G120 also uses its built-in Accelerometer to detect accidents, rollovers and harsh driving events.
- Accidents are detected using 2D (horizontal) changes in velocity over 120ms
- Roll overs are reported when the vehicle’s angle to the “normal” horizontal plane exceeds 60 degrees.
- Drop detection detects velocity changes in the vertical dimension.
- An immediate alert is sent to the server when an accident is detected,
- When the G120 is out of coverage and operating over Iridium, an accident alert is prioritised and will also be sent immediately