Digital Matter Guppy Now Reporting Tilt Angle
As of July 2018, the Guppy, powered by LoRaWAN®, can report on tilt angles. Using the accelerometer and the angles between the Guppy and gravity, the device provides information on its current orientation. The Guppy can also send uplinks (alerts) on angle changes, or when the angle leaves a specified range.
This opens up some exciting new applications for the Guppy. Consider the following use cases:
- Monitor road signage for disturbances. This is a popular use case for understanding if temporary road signs have moved.
- Monitor pole-mounted electrical boxes, and alert when they are leaning over too much.
- Monitor remote electrical poles for disturbances and lean.
- Monitor a garage door, and tell when it is open or closed.
- Report on yellow metal vehicles being parked correctly – perhaps with their buckets at the correct angle.
The Digital Matter Support Portal has the information you need to get started: