The Flexibility to Build What You Need
Choose Your Sensors
The versatile Hawk architecture caters for plug-and-play I/O Cards that define the 9 inputs/outputs, offering limitless options for interfacing to sensors.
Choose Your Power
Power the Hawk with a large internal rechargeable LiPo battery, external power including solar, or 2 x D Cell LTC batteries.
Choose Your Housing
Select from our ultra-rugged Hawk housing options or build your own.
Choose Your Endpoint
Securely send data to any end platform via TCP Direct or HTTPS Webhook.
2023 IoT Evolution Product of the Year Award
The Hawk represents a significant advancement in remote monitoring applications, transforming the industry with its flexible and unique approach to IoT sensor monitoring hardware.
Enabling Hundreds of IoT Remote Monitoring Applications
- Temperature and Humidity
- Soil Moisture and Quality
- Air and Water Quality
- Weather Stations
- Water Management and Metering
- Sewer Level Monitoring
- Tank Level and Quality
- Storm and Flood Water
- Wildlife Management
- Pulse Counting
- Task Management and Controls
- Remote Pump Management
Meet the Hawk PCB
Ultra-low power and packed with firmware smarts, the Hawk PCB is the backbone of your IoT remote monitoring solution. Ready to go.
- Cellular LTE-M and NB-IoT, IoT Satellite Version planned
- Flexible I/O Card Architecture caters for plug-in cards that define the 9 inputs/outputs
- Ultra-low power design for maximum battery life
- Support for multiple input power options including solar, primary battery and external power
- Flexible onboard output power to power your sensors
- Onboard LiPo battery charger with selectable charge rate
- Powerful task management – Schedule or run tasks based on sensor thresholds and events
- Onboard GPS Location
- Onboard Accelerometer for tamper detection*
- Onboard Data Storage
- Supports optional external cellular antenna for maximum range
- OTA device configuration, management, and firmware updates via Device Manager
*Planned in future firmware release.
Integrate Any Sensor with Plug-and-Play I/O Cards
The versatile Hawk architecture caters for plug-and-play I/O Cards that define the 9 inputs/outputs, offering limitless options for interfacing to sensors. We have a range of deployment-ready cards available and are always expanding.
- Agtech 1 – 1 x Digital Input, 1 x Switched Ground, I²C, SDI-12, 3.3V Switched Power Out, 5V or 12V Switched Sensor Power, 1-Wire® or iButton®, 4-20mA
- Agtech 2 – Coming Soon – 4 x Analogue Inputs (0-30V Range), 1 x Switched Ground, SDI-12, 3.3V Switched Power Out, 5V or 12V Switched Sensor Power, 1-Wire®
- Bluetooth Gateway – Coming Soon
- RS-1 – 1 x Analogue Input (0-30V Range), 1 Digital Input, 1 x Switched Ground, RS485 (Modbus), 3.3V Switched Power Out, 5V or 12V Switched Sensor Power, 1-Wire®, 1 x 4-20mA input
- Serial (RS-232 and TTL) – Coming Soon
- Digin (Multiple Digital Inputs and 2 x Analogs) – Coming Soon
Need something else? Custom card development is available. MOQs may apply. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Choose your Power
Large Rechargeable LiPo – Powered by 3500mAh rechargeable LiPo battery to support full-season deployments.
Rechargeable LiPo with External Power – Connect the Hawk to an external power source such as a solar panel or grid power to facilitate long-term deployments.
D Cell Battery Pack – Powered by 2 x D Cell LTC batteries for a completely self-powered solution. Depending on your sensor setup, this could give many years of life before a DIY battery change is required.
Choose your Housing
Hawk LiPo – Ultra-rugged and waterproof housing (IP68 and IK07) with GORE® vent. Designed to accommodate the PCB, I/O Card, and 3500mAh rechargeable LiPo battery. Includes 2 cable glands to allow for waterproof cable entry to the housing.
Hawk D Cell – Ultra-rugged and waterproof housing (IP68 and IK07) with GORE® vent. Designed to accommodate the PCB, I/O Card, and 2 x D Cell LTC Batteries. Includes 2 cable glands to allow for waterproof cable entry to the housing.
Board and I/O Card Only – No external housing, ideal for users and businesses who are building their own custom housing.
Sensor Integration Examples
Explore our comprehensive knowledge base to learn more about the Hawk IoT data logger and sensor hub.
Getting Started Guide
Installation and Power Options
Inputs and Outputs
The Digital Matter Difference
‘Good Enough’ is Not Enough For Your Critical Assets
Details matter. Our entire process is underpinned by a relentless attention to detail to consistently deliver solutions of the highest-possible quality and reliability.
The Power to Do More with ‘Deploy Once’ Battery Life
Through smarter design and better engineering we’re now able to achieve ‘deploy once’ battery life, significantly reducing operating costs and enabling deployments at scale.
Demand More From Your Devices
Easily configure your devices with full control over a rich set of device parameters. Send data to any end platform with multiple integration options.
Authenticated and Encrypted Everywhere
We implement comprehensive security protocols on our hardware and software to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your IoT data.
Let’s Get Started
Submit the form below to get in touch with a Digital Matter representative from your region.