In Vehicle Monitoring Systems
In Vehicle Monitoring Systems (IVMS)
In Vehicle Monitoring Systems (IVMS) is a system whereby from a central place of management, vehicle usage, driver ID and driver behaviors can be monitored for compliance. Depending on the industry, the required implementation and specifications may differ.
Common Key Features for IVMS
- High-quality GPS/GNSS receivers to determine position, speed, and heading
- Connectivity (even when out of cellular coverage) to send IVMS data in real-time for live monitoring
- Driver Behavior Monitoring – Accelerometers to detect accidents, rollovers, and harsh driving events
- Driver ID – via multiple methods such as Dallas iButton®, RFID cards and more
- Driver Safety Monitoring – Digital Inputs for monitoring the status of seatbelts, 4WD, etc, or connecting duress buttons for lone and remote worker monitoring
Real-Time Location & Easy Installation
Our GPS devices for IVMS use high-quality GPS receivers with low noise amplifiers (LNAs) to boost the signal. No fiddly external antennas – simply install in a convenient location in the vehicle and receive instant location updates and history.
Our devices support Multiple Driver ID Options, including iButton®, RFID cards, and Wiegand Readers. In many cases, the current cards in use on a worksite can also be configured with our devices. Smart firmware features like the ability to “buzz on start” until a valid ID is scanned or immobilize the vehicle without a valid ID ensures that drivers tag on.
Accident, Rollover and Harsh Event Detection
The 3-Axis accelerometer used in our devices enables accelerometer-based monitoring and alerts such as accident, harsh acceleration, harsh braking, and harsh cornering. Real-time feedback can also be provided to drivers via a buzzer. Real-time notifications can be configured to be sent via email, SMS, or app push notifications so key personnel are immediately notified if there is an incident.
- All devices track and report speed using their GPS modules and comprehensive speeding reports by the driver are available for download.
- “Speed by road” is also available using posted speed limits to determine speeding events.
- In-vehicle speeding alerts (buzzing) with different speed limits based on Geofences are also possible.
- Geofences can be downloaded to the device so the device has knowledge of which speed it should buzz at, depending on its location.
Panic/Duress and In-Vehicle Event Monitoring
The digital inputs on several of our GPS devices allow for a customizable range of in-vehicle monitoring.
- Connect a panic button/switch to a digital input – Wireless or in-vehicle buttons can be sourced and fitted.
- Digital inputs can also be connected to other on/off vehicle features such as seatbelts, doors, 4WD, or handbrakes.
- Reports, alerts, and in-vehicle feedback can be generated for various events such as vehicle movement without a seatbelt, 4WD, door open/close, and more.
Driver Fatigue Monitoring
Real-time in-vehicle alerts can be set up for when a driver has been driving for a configurable period of time as warning that they must pull over and take a break. Reports on the length of trip time are readily available and can be scheduled to monitor driver’s adherence to these guidelines.
Out-Of-Coverage Location Reports
Most IVMS requirements call for real-time reporting on vehicle tracking and driver behaviors. This can be a challenge if vehicles and staff are active on worksites that do not have adequate cellular coverage, or assets frequently roam in-and-out of coverage.
The G120 is a hybrid 4G LTE-M / NB-IoT GPS tracking device that can also be fitted with an Iridium Edge® Module for tracking assets even when they move out of GPS coverage – Learn more about Out-of-Coverage Tracking.
- When the G120 is within coverage it uses the cellular modem, which is much more affordable than Iridium airtime.
- When the device can no longer join the cellular network, it switches to the Iridium Network.
- The use of concurrent GPS/GNSS, Cellular, and Iridium ensures assets are tracked anywhere in the world, even when the asset roams in and out of GPS coverage.
Take control of your data
Train Tracking & Speed Monitoring with the Gisborne City Vintage Railway
The Gisborne City Vintage Railway Society installed an Oyster2 to a carriage on the WA165, to publish real-time locations whilst out on excursions.Learn More
Asset Tracking in Zimbabwe with EzyTrack
Founded in 2009 in Harare, Zimbabwe, Ezytrack understands the unique solutions local residents and businesses require to protect their assets.Learn More
Asset Tracking & Sensor Monitoring with Restotracker
Learn how Restotracker uses the Remora2 and Bluetooth® Low Energy to remotely track and monitor high value assets and critical sensor data.Learn More
Pioneering IoT in Malaysia with Xperanti IoT
Digital Matter has partnered with Xperanti IoT, supplying over 11,000 Oyster Sigfox battery-powered GPS tracking devices for affordable asset tracking in Malaysia on the LPWAN Sigfox Network.Learn More
To support WIRES, B Braun’s newest recruit Julius the Koala is visiting Vet Clinics and Institutions across the country to spread love and awareness for Australian Wildlife.Learn More
Improving Farm Safety and Management with LoRaWAN and Farmdeck
Outcomex is improving productivity and safety across rural Australia with LoRaWAN®, Digital Matter devices, and their own in-house application, Farmdeck.Learn More
Concrete Mixer Tip Detection and Utilization with VolkerFitzpatrick
VolkerFitzpatrick required a robust battery-powered GPS tracking device that is capable of collecting date, GPS location, and tip detection data.Learn More
Rhino 911 – GPS Tracking for Poaching Prevention
Rhino 911 is using Digital Matter's Oyster2 GPS device and Telematics Guru to help prevent poaching and habitat destruction in South Africa.Learn More
Digicore and Iridium Satellite Fallback has Snowy Hydro Covered
Digicore, a Melbourne-based telematics company specializes in IVMS solutions in the mining, transport, and government sectors.Learn More
Litter Tracking Solutions with RMIT
RMIT University in collaboration with Melbourne Water are on a mission: to educate their community about the environmental and financial implications of littering.Learn More
Increasing Safety and Visibility with LoRaWAN® and Meshed IoT
Established in 2015, Meshed IoT is providing innovative IoT solutions using the LoRaWAN® network to cities and industries throughout Australia.Learn More