Compact IP67 Geo-Location Tag for LoRaWAN® Networks
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE
The Guppy is a compact, rugged "tag" device that has been designed for locating containers, trailers, skip bins, and other assets using the LoRaWAN® geo-location services. The Guppy can also alert on movement and after-hours activity triggered by its accelerometer.
The IP67 rated housing is rugged and UV stable, so the device can be mounted on assets that are exposed to rain, dust and marine conditions.
The Guppy uses LoRaWAN® technology to give you coverage of your assets at a low data cost. It is available in 868MHz and 915MHz versions to cater for the various LoRaWAN® regions around the world.
The Guppy firmware can be customized for special use cases in particular relating to the use of the 3D accelerometer:
- Monitor angles of poles - see this news article
- Monitor sag in cables
- Monitor road signs to see if they are still upright or have been knocked over
- Trigger a security alert if the accelerometer detects any movement after hours
- Detect high-G events and report these
Unsure what LoRaWAN® is? Click here for info on LoRaWAN®
The option of using extended temperature range batteries allows the Guppy to be used in extreme climates and temperatures.
- IP67 Rugged weather-proof housing
- Fully powered by 2 x AAA consumer batteries
- Up to 5 years location on LoRaWAN® low cost network
- Small, Compact and easy to install and conceal
- Configure by USB cable and OTA downlink messages
Read this Knowledge Base article done by Alex on the Guppy and its uses:LINK TO ARTICLE