Waste Handling and Recycling Equipment Management with Everyware
Everyware, one of our UK partners, is optimizing recycling and waste handling equipment management for companies across the UK with the use of our GPS tracking and sensor monitoring devices.
Waste handling equipment such as compactors, bailers, skip bins and more are used to effectively recycle, dispose, and/or remove commercial waste.
GPS tracking devices are commonly installed on such equipment, offering a range of benefits:
- Unauthorized movement alerts and Recovery Mode in the case of loss or theft.
- Know when waste handling facilities (e.g. compactors, balers, and skip bins) are full of commercial waste and need to be collected for disposal.
- Reduce costs and time spent checking on equipment to see the extent of usage.
- Implement processes and systems to understand the storage, movement, and usage of equipment (inventory control).
- Knowing the length of time that the equipment in operation can improve productivity and decrease the cost of equipment rental and delays.
Falcon for Compactor Oil Level Detection
As an independent Waste Management business dedicated to improving waste management machinery, recycling and confidential waste processes for businesses, Pearce Group manufactures, sells, and leases a wide range of industrial waste management, recycling, and compacting machinery across the UK.
Before implementing a battery-powered tracking solution, Pearce operators were forced to physically go out and inspect the company’s leased compactors to assess if they were being utilized, how full they were, and oil levels.
Supported by Everyware, Pearce Group is now using the Falcon GPS for location tracking and sensor monitoring to optimize compactor utilization, prevent unplanned downtime, and save time and money managing their machinery.
The Falcon is a feature-rich GPS tracking device featuring digital inputs/outputs, an I²C Sensor Interface, and WiFi Positioning for indoor and outdoor asset tracking and sensor monitoring applications.
- High-precision GPS/GLONASS tracking device
- WiFi Positioning for Indoor Asset Tracking
- 1 x Analog Input, 2 x Digital Inputs, 1 x Switched Ground Digital Output, 1 x Ignition Digital Input, Switched Power Out
- I²C Sensor Interface
- Weatherproof and rugged IP67 Housing with compact and ergonomic design
- Flexible Power Options – 3 x AA Batteries with up to 7 years battery life or wired to permanent power
- Compatible with LTC Batteries for tracking in extreme temperatures
- Built-in Battery Meter for remote Battery Life Monitoring and Remaining Life Predictions
- Cellular 2G or 4G LTE-M / NB-IoT
“Using the Falcon to remotely monitor industrial recycling compactors has worked really well,” says Jon Hardman, Solutions Director at Everyware. “GPS tracking is provided for peace of mind, and to provide an accurate location for the engineer when they visit a site, and compactors are remotely monitored 24-7 for any maintenance events which require input from an operator or engineer.”
The Falcon’s Digital input is wired to the compactor’s Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). The PLC triggers the digital input when the oil level reaches 75% full and 100% full. This Digital input change then triggers an upload from the Falcon which allows the platform to automatically alert the operator. Low oil level warnings and recommended corrective actions are also automatically triggered based on run hour monitoring.
“We’ve found Proactive maintenance provided by the Falcon helps prevent the recycling compactor from unnecessary downtime or failure,” says Hardman.
Photo to the right: Falcon installed to a 24v power supply for real-time location tracking and alerts.
Battery-Powered Devices for Recycling Skip Inventory Management
Skips are more frequently being left with customers for several days or even weeks, creating an avoidable inventory issue for businesses in the hire and rental and waste management industries.
Using the Oyster2 or Yabby GPS, skip bin owners can receive location updates regularly throughout the day and/or when movement occurs with advanced movement-based tracking technology. Stationary devices enter sleep mode, switching the update rate to only once per day until movement occurs to conserve battery life and optimize data usage.
Geofencing is also used to create digital boundaries around rental locations, with alerts triggered if the asset enters or leaves the area.
These movement-based alerts and geofencing, combined with extra-long battery life make the Yabby GPS and Oyster the ideal GPS tracking devices for inventory control.
Although both the Oyster2 and Yabby GPS feature rugged IP67-rated housing so devices can withstand fine dust, high-pressure spray, submersion for 30 minutes in 1m of water, and extreme temperatures, Everyware has built an ultra-durable custom housing specific to skip bins so the devices are further protected from external damage.
Heavy–duty casing enclosure is made from a super durable material, which protects the electronics in the field.
Established in 2015 Everyware Ltd has been helping businesses in the U.K and Europe to track and monitor critical or high-value assets. Everyware provides the leadership and experience of working with many different types of assets and the technical know-how to deliver a fully working solution quickly and reliably. Don’t be beaten by the competition and let your proof of concept or project fail as many similar projects do!